Real Estate & ConstructionFind out more
The real estate industry is currently heading for historic levels. Property prices in good locations and regions are increasing due to strong demand. Last year, German real estate transaction volumes exceeded a possibly record-breaking peak of €40 billion. However, the future outlook certainly leaves appropriate room for doubt, since the current record high in effect stems from the currently low interest rates. At the same time, both regional factors and tax and legal provisions are becoming especially strong determinants of real estate values. The construction industry is also in solid condition due to the increase in new construction activities as building sale prices continue to rise. Only transport infrastructure construction is suffering under clearly inadequate fiscal expenditures from the public authorities.
Why Warth & Klein Grant Thornton?
Real estate and construction is one of the core competencies of Warth & Klein Grant Thornton. With many years of experience, we support our clients as a one-stop source for auditing, tax consulting, and corporate finance & advisory services. Numerous references confirm: we know the issues and needs of the real estate and construction industry. We rely on small teams with strong seniority. Our Partners are regularly involved in the day-to-day professional work, guaranteeing the highest competency standards. We often advise international companies and investors together with experts from our global “Real Estate and Construction” network at Grant Thornton. We underscore our expertise in real estate and construction issues in numerous ways, including:
- Collaboration in associations (ZIA [German Property Federation] and BFW [German Federation of Independent Real Estate and Housing Companies]) and industry-specific expert committees
- Industry-specific events and lectures, for example through chairmanship and participation in the Kölner Steuerkonferenz zur Immobilienbesteuerung [Cologne Tax Conference for Real Estate Taxation]
- Real estate professorships at universities
- Regular articles and publications on industry-specific special issues
Our industry experts offer you:
- Transaction advice (especially tax structuring, financial and tax due diligence, help with purchase contract aspects like purchase price mechanisms or tax clauses)
- Advice on restructuring and insolvency
- Advice on financing measures
- Governance, risk & compliance services, including forensic (IT) audits
- Major project advice for (financial) controlling and monitoring construction projects
- Financial statement auditing according to German and international norms
- Industry-related special audits and audit-related advice
- Tax declarations, ongoing tax consulting and tax project consultation (including property tax, land purchase tax, etc.)
- Accounting (including payroll accounting)
For more information, please contact StB Dr. Thomas Wagner, head of our Real Estate & Construction industry group.