Transport & Logitstics is more than only performance in transport, handling and storage. As globalization and technological development have accelerated, so too the demands on logistics have multiplied. The service range of logistics companies thus extends from the aforementioned transport, handling and storage services through to managing the entire supply chain. In addition, couriers, express and package service providers are active in the market. While the logistics industry is full of dynamism, it also partly suffers from a multitude of problems. Lack of skilled labor and increasing competitive pressure in the transport sector present formidable challenges. On top of this comes increasing energy and freight charges as well as financing problems with logistics investments. With €225 billion in revenues, the transport and logistics industry is an important economic driver. The market is teeming with numerous providers, specialists and generalists. Liberalization in the transport sector has increased competitive pressure from foreign contractors in Germany as a leading logistics hub.
Why Warth & Klein Grant Thornton?
We know the special problem areas affecting the logistics industry. In addition to holistic support, we especially offer collaborative development of practically oriented solutions. In so doing, our logistics specialists cover virtually all areas of auditing and consulting. Our clients profit from our high degree of personal dedication, stable and enduring auditing teams and especially from flat hierarchies for quick decision-making. We provide logistics companies with a central personal contact on hand for all questions or problems and available to collaborate in finding fast solutions.
Our industry experts offer you:
- Financial statement auditing according to German and international norms
- Comprehensive tax consulting services
- Advice on customs issues
- Ascertaining and examining individual company KPIs
- Advice on implementing megatrends in the logistics industry
- Information security management system analysis
- Forensic services as needed and ongoing compliance advisory
- Coordination of outsourcing services (e.g., personnel administration and payroll accounting)
- Advice on outsourcing additional internal company operations to third-party service providers
- Company valuations – also in connection with M&A strategies
- (International) due diligence (financial, commercial, tax and legal)
- Drafting restructuring reports and second opinions
- Financing strategies review
- Advice on refinancing, for example of mezzanine programs
For more information, please contact WP/StB Mr. Achim Krichel, head of our Transport & Logitstics industry group.